Followers

Monday, May 14, 2018

No More Food! - 1 April 2018


1 April 2018 – I started leaving about 8:00 a.m. I had a full day of riding ahead of me and I wanted an earlier start. I was loaded up and departing by 9:30 a.m. I plan on riding from Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina to Sierra Grande, Argentina. When I left the wind was hardly blowing and it was another beautiful day. As far as the scenery goes and animals, it was pretty much the same as yesterday. Same critters with a little more wind. I passed thru a wind farm. It was windy there but nothing like what I experienced further south in Argentina. I stopped in a city called Trelew and got gas, ate a sandwich, drank some water and ate a candy bar. While I was stopped I discovered that one of my gas tank brackets had broken. One more thing to think about. It was back on the road until I arrived in Sierra Grande, Argentina about 5:00 p.m.

I checked out a cheap hotel on the edge of town which was perfect for me. Good Wi-Fi, good secure parking and no stairs at a reasonable rate. 500 Pesos a night. I unloaded my bike, locked up the room and was off to get something to eat at the local gas station. I ate two hamburgers and fries. By the time I was finished I couldn’t eat another french fry. Another thing that is becoming more and more apparent is the temperature is going up. I have been so used to the colder temperatures down south that when I got into the 70 Fahrenheit / 21 Celsius degree temperatures I was dying. I had too many clothes on. When I leave Sierra Grande I won’t be wearing my long johns. I will have to check out the broken gas tank bracket tomorrow. I not sure how I will fix that and it may require some pondering. I fell asleep during some movie on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment