Followers

Monday, March 23, 2020

What's with the Buns? - Laranjeires do Sul, Brazil - 24 April 2018


24 April 2018 – I awake 8:00 a.m., eat breakfast, load my motorcycle and depart the hotel about 10:00 a.m. I was driving out of the city and waiting for a signal light to change when a Harley-Davidson drove by on the shoulder of the road. This is the best part……..it was a 2010 Harley-Davidson CrossBones. It was exactly like mine except it had glossy black paint and mine has the black denim paint. It kind of made my heart go pitter-patter-thud when I saw it. I last rode my CrossBones in August 2017 to Sturgis, South Dakota, U.S.A. The traffic light changed and he was gone. I worked my way out of the city and out on to Hwy 277 to Laranjeires do Sul. It would be a short ride but it was all about getting moving again. 

I arrived at the Garda Hotel about 4:00 p.m. I was unsure if the hotel would have a room or not. It was a very nice looking hotel.    
I got out my cell phone translator and hotel check in cards written in Portuguese. I hope this check in goes smoothly. It turns out everything went smoothly and I got a room. Someone at check-in could speak basic English. They informed me that they served an evening meal which I must purchase, and a complimentary breakfast meal. This hotel just got a 5-star rating from me. I was able to park my motorcycle in a secure parking area and which had a roof over it. Nice. I unloaded my motorcycle and took all my stuff to my room. 

As I was riding my motorcycle to Laranjeires do Sul I realize my motorcycle trip / travels was fast coming to an end. If everything worked out, I should be back in the United States in 21 days plus or minus a day or two. That seemed odd / sad to me because my whole goal was to get to Ushuaia, Argentina which I did and now in a couple of weeks I was leaving for the United States from Brazil. I’ve been on the road now for six months, finding a hotel every night, getting food, changing oil in my motorcycle, crossing international borders, flying my motorcycle in new countries, buying motorcycle insurance for each country, purchasing and exchanging foreign currencies weekly and meeting new people. In a strange way the purpose and the challenge of this motorcycle trip was going away. The focus of my trip now was changing into how do I ship my motorcycle out of Brazil or will I have to go back to Buenos Aires, Argentina to ship it. This seemed a bit daunting. 


Well, time for evening dining. The hotel serves hamburgers / hamburguesa with fries. It came highly recommend and I am starving. I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned this. Every time I order a hamburger / hamburguesa and take the first bite into it, the hamburger / hamburguesa bun falls to pieces. From there on you use a fork and knife to eat the hamburger / hamburguesa. Somehow Mexico, Central and South America need to work on this bun problem. Otherwise the hamburger / hamburguesa tastes great. All around a great hotel, great bed and good food. I went to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment