Followers

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Final Preparations – Walnut, CA – 23 June 2018

23 June 2018 – Today I will wrap up all the loose ends on my motorcycle. I’ve got to make the final adjustment on my rear chain when I have all the weight on it. I’m going to ride back to Bert’s Mega Mall one more time to try out Blanche, my GPS, and take a look at their selection of “I never needed this stuff before” area. You never know when you might find something that could come in handy. 

Well, nothing stuck out, but on my way out of the store, a salesman chastised me for wearing my riding jacket in the store. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what that was all about. They had a problem with theft in the store. They made it a store policy that no one wears any kind of jacket in the store, thus preventing an item from being hidden under the jacket and stolen. I was informed they have an area where you can hang your jacket while you shop. I told them I was leaving anyway.

On the way home I stopped at the gas station near my brothers’ home and filled up. I returned to his house and loaded the up my motorcycle so I could make the final adjustment to the rear chain. With that done, my motorcycle is ready to leave tomorrow. I see my Galfer disk rotor brake pads have arrived. Thank God. I can break down the packaging and put the brake pads into my saddle bags. I will load everything tonight except for the two bags that I put on the back of my seat. The plan is to get up at 5:30 a.m. I would like to be out of town before the city wakes up. It cooler and less traffic. Also, with less traffic there is less of a chance of missing an exit or a turn. I informed my brother and Tonya of my plans and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment