Followers

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Coordinates and the Like - 26 November 2017



26 November 2017 – I ate a good hearty breakfast at the hotel and returned to my room to work on my blog. I got sidetracked and started considering using GPS coordinates to navigate with. I got it pretty much figured out. I still can get tripped up when it come to the coordinates that don’t have North, South, East and West letters attached to them. It’s much easier finding a hotel or anything else using these coordinates. My GPS doesn’t like to accept Mexican addresses. I can convert coordinates from decimal coordinates to degrees, minutes and seconds. But coordinates without N, S, E, & W letters I’m unsure about. I spent about 5 to 6 hours working with that. I finally quit with that and started typing my blog. I pretty much finished up with the blog around midnight. I then sent all my pictures to Mary to post. I still was thinking about using GPS Coordinates to navigate. I tried one more time to try and find a converter. One came up from Google. I tried it and it converted the GPS locations that didn’t have N, S, E, & W letters. I converted some decimal GPS coordinates and then ran the coordinates thru the converter. Whamo, my converted coordinates came out the same as the converter’s coordinates. I wrote down the website. But then I got to thinking: you know, that website won’t do me any good if I can’t access the internet to use the converter. I won’t be able to get GPS coordinates unless I can use the internet. So if I can get GPS coordinates I also will be able to use the website that has the converter. Jeez this is kind of complicated. I’m going to bed it’s 3:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment