Followers

Monday, May 14, 2018

Holed Up Again - 4 April 2018


4 April 2018 – I didn’t travel again today. I needed more time to get more work done on my blog, figure out how far I was going to travel tomorrow, finding hotels for the night and getting Blanche on board with all the routes. I spent most of the afternoon working on that. I’m set pretty good now.

All day today Patagonia Winds were blowing and I mean blowing. I put the wind gust in the area of 40, 50 and 60 Mph / 65, 80, and 100 Kph. If those winds blew in BLOWING. In Minnesota and Wisconsin most of the trees would be on the ground. The biggest fear I have is it blowing over my motorcycle. All the curtains in the rooms were wiggling from the wind blowing in around the window frames. The front door would continually blow open from the wind gusts. The worst part of it all was the blowing dust. It sifted in under the doors, through the window frames and any little crack it could find. I sat by the window in the reception area and could feel the dust settle on my arms. The tables were covered with dust. My keys on my laptop were getting dusty. I moved when I could feel dust on the key board. I hope that wind isn’t blowing tomorrow morning and the weather front has passed through. As it stands I’m in pretty good shape to ride out of this town to bigger and better things. I think the hotel staff is wondering when is this gringo going to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment