Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Sandy Valentine’s Day - 14 February 2018

14 February 2018 – I woke up sometime around 3:00 a.m. and a light popped on inside my head and it said, you cannot spend seven days up in those mountains and risk not getting to Ushuaia, Argentina the tip of South America. I might have let a few of you down by me not going to Machu Picchu, but not as much as myself. Ushuaia, Argentina is the ultimate goal and everything else is second. I may revisit Machu Picchu after I reach the tip of South America. Before I left I sent Mary a valentine text. I loaded my bike and headed down the Pan American Hwy toward Camana.

The Pan American Hwy to Camana, Peru was more of the endless blowing and shifting sand with beautiful beaches. The valleys are mostly green but once you start going up the mountains it turns brown. A lot of that flat desert land behind the beaches looks surveyed and lots laid out with streets. It almost looks like you have to homestead it after you purchase the property. To me it looks like an investment in the future.


I pulled into Camana. I just picked a hotel randomly out of Blanche’s lodging library. It was Hotel Tourista. It’s nice place with a large swimming pool. It even has a toilet that would meet the requirements of the Twin Cities Tall Club. When you sit on it your feet dangle and don’t touch the floor.  I know I fell asleep before 9:00 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment