Followers

Monday, December 11, 2017

Cleaning Lady to The Rescue! - 5 December 2017

5 December 2017 – I went to bed the night before thinking I would leave my loft door open just in case someone opened the garage, so I would hear it. The phone rings at 5:30 a.m. I don’t answer it. Then I hear the garage door open. I jumped out of bed at lightning speed and put on my pants. In marches the cleaning lady informing me it’s time to leave. Except I don’t understand a word. I go back in my room and get my cell phone. When I checked in with the English-speaking supervisor, she said check out time is 5:00 a.m. but in my case, they would allow me to stay until 9:00 a.m. I’m guessing this information did not get passed on to the morning cleaning ladies. I spoke into my translator that the English-speaking supervisor said my check out time was 9:00 a.m. For once it verbally spoke loud enough for the cleaning lady to hear and she called her supervisor to get verification on that. It came back no worries, you can stay till 9:00 a.m. I went back to bed but couldn’t get back to sleep. The garage door opening got my heart pounding and it wasn’t settling down any time soon. I dozed until 7:00 a.m. and got up.

I got my stuff all packed up and then went downstairs and grabbed my GPS / Blanche. I started looking at the maps seeing if I could find MX Hwy 23. With a little panning around I found it. I was less than .6 Miles / 1 Kilometers from it. I marked it with a point and was ready to leave. I sent a SPOT to Mary and backed the motorcycle out of the garage. I spotted the cleaning lady and told her I was checking out. She smiled. I used my cell to translate to her that I was lost in Guadalajara and that it was no fun. I said that my GPS took a wrong route which caused me to lose MX Hwy 23. She promptly pointed out how I could find MX Hwy 23. She said to take a right out of the parking lot and follow the street to the overpass and take a right. Eventually you will have a lane to merge on to MX Hwy 23. “Thanks” I said, and followed her directions to the T.

In less than 15 minutes I was on MX Hwy 23 heading out of Guadalajara. I now had to watch for Autopista MX Hwy 15D to Mexico City and was thoroughly thrilled when I came up on the signs. I stopped twice for gas and food on my way to Mexico City. I’m presently 100 miles / 165 Kilometers from Mexico City in a small town called Atlacomulco, Mexico. Tomorrow I will plan strategy and work with Blanche on how to get around the city. I don’t want another goof up like the trip in to Guadalajara.

No comments:

Post a Comment