Followers

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Rats, There Are Rats! – 24 December 2017

24 December 2017 - Last night I woke up to rodent chewing. I thought for sure they were going to be in my bed. Then there was a hell of rodent fight. I believe I was woken up by rodent activity four times last night. I told the hotel people about it and they weren’t alarmed about it at all. They said “they’re here. We know it and will gladly move you to another room.” I opted out and stayed in my present room. I didn’t want to have to move all my bags and gear to a new room. I’m going to stay here until after Christmas. I hope the rodents don’t chew through the walls before I vacate this room. Another thing they didn’t tell me until today is the air conditioning runs from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. As I’m typing this at 5pm, I’m sweating profusely. Only two more hours to go before I can run it. I’m going to send out a bunch of e-mails today, get my blog caught up, pictures caught up and maybe have everything sent to Mary.

I’m thinking it’s time for a shower. I haven’t eaten anything since my rice dinner yesterday and I’m getting a wee bit hungry. So twice I asked the hotel if they could get me 2 hamburgers with French fries. No luck.  So I tried chicken and French fries. No luck there either. So, the kid said there was a Market / Mercado on the corner and that I should look up there for something to eat. I walked up there and bought some bread, sandwich meat, apples, toothpaste and Snickers candy bars. I have enough food to get me through tomorrow. It will be my Christmas dinner. I’ll probably have to buy some water though. 

The owner or operator of the hotel is having a Christmas Eve Fiesta. The music is loud and with a lot of babies crying and squealing kids. So they must be having fun. I just received a text from my Brazilian friends that I must respond to. They are wishing me Merry Christmas.


Merry Christmas, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment