Followers

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Friendly Guard Dogs - 20 December 2017

20 December 2017 – I got my wakeup call about 7:30 a.m. I already had my motorcycle loaded. I found out I couldn’t get the garage door to open until the room was checked out by the cleaning lady. Once it was, the garage door magically opened up. I backed my bike out and parked it for few minutes until I put on my helmet and got Blanche fired up. I walked to one of the exit doors to see what road was running by this hotel. I judged that it was the Pan American Hwy. What luck, and a ramp to get on to it. The day was looking up already. Besides the two guard dogs on each side of the guard house, there was another one on the roof of the hotel. His front paws were on the edge of the roof and he was looking down. I had never seen that before. At first I thought it was one of the two I had seen on the ground, and I wondered how he got up there? Then I realized it was a third dog.  He looked like he wished he could get down.  The two guard dogs on each side of the guard house didn’t seem very guard-ish.  They were big, friendly-looking dogs, one looking like a chow mix, and the other had blue eyes.  They didn’t even woof when I went by. Here’s that security thing I’ve been talking about. They lock up these establishments, cameras, guard dogs, and a gun toting live security guard. I really wonder what would happen after 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. if they weren’t around. Anyway, I waved good bye to the guy that help me get the room last night and was off to Pan American Hwy.


I followed the road through town uneventfully. Once Blanche tried to stray from her route but I was able to ignore her directions and stay on the Pan American Hwy. I drove past two McDonalds on the way out of town. Then a third one popped up and I drove in. I ordered breakfast and used their Wi-Fi to find a hotel for the night. I continued on to the Guatemala / El Salvador border. Much to my surprise, they had four-lane most of the way with a new concrete portion that was about one or two years old. It was nice driving. I’m about 13 Miles / 22 Kilometers from the border right now in a nice expensive hotel with Wi-Fi. It even has its own power plant in case the electricity goes out. I’m still wondering where the clientele comes from who stay at this hotel. My being in this fancy hotel is another accident because I actually thought I drove through the town I wanted to stop in. So when this hotel popped up, I drove in. I knew it was going to be expensive but I wanted the Wi-Fi and I knew it had it. I’m planning on staying two days to get caught up on my blog and check into El Salvador a little bit. When I leave in the morning I will be crossing the border noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment