Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

La Cucaracha - 9 February 2018

9 February 2018 – Well, no great surprise here. The alarm went off and I went back to sleep. I woke up about 10:30 a.m. I slept almost 12 hours and I felt good. Some of those pressure points that kept waking me up during the night while I was sleeping on the concrete are still a little sore yet. I worked on my blog most of the afternoon and did some route planning.

I found out today when I went to pay for my 2nd night at this hotel it was a love hostal. I always laugh about that. You all are probably thinking working girls are walking in and out pretty regular and they might be. But if you think about it……..how many 18 to 25 year old people need a secluded spot to have some fun? Most young people can’t afford a car or an apartment that they can sneak off to. Houses are small and parents are always around. So, unless one your friends has an apartment and is willing to lend it out, you’re pretty much out of luck. Hence the cheap hotels that rents out it rooms by the hour. It’s a business and nobody cares as long as nobody get hurt……

This particular hostal was some distance from downtown where the food is. I spent the whole day being really hungry. I finally resorted to buying some cookies from the hotel. They just kept my stomach growling to a mild roar. Later I had a guest show up that I never seen before in all the hotels I have stayed in. A cockroach. The first time I tried to swat him with my shower shoe, I missed. A couple hours later I saw him again. I swatted at him the second time and I missed. He found a hiding spot under the bathroom sink. I wiggled it around some and he came running out. Bad move on his part. My shower shoe didn’t miss the third time. I left him laying out where housekeeping will find him. I’m sure they know they have cockroaches but now they have proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment