Followers

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Spitting, Really? - 5 February 2018

5 February 2018 – I woke up at 5:30 a.m. I went back to sleep till 7:00 a.m. I should have crossed the border today but I wasn’t prepared. I went downstairs to get something to eat. It was 8:45 a.m. The girl told me breakfast was over at 8:30. Well, that set the day off on the left foot. When I was setting in the eating area of the lobby a guy, either a hotel guest or a security person was setting on the couch in the reception area. He started coughing and then he cleared his throat of phlegm. No big deal, but then he spit his phlegm on the reception area floor where everyone walked, like that is what everyone does in this hotel. I’m thinking the guy was clueless.


With that appetizing picture in my mind, I went back to my room ate an apple and then at 12:00 noon ate some of my secret stash I keep just for instances like this. I searched out two hotels in Peru, got Blanche’s routes programmed and got my paperwork in order. I also checked out the Mercado down the street. The receptionist told me where I could buy some hamburgers yesterday so I walked over to the joint and ordered two of them. It took me a bit to find the place. My kind of place: point at the sign and say two / Dos. There was not a lot of meat in these hamburgers but they have lettuce, tomato, and eggs with the meat. In the process of locating the hamburger joint I lost my way back to the hotel. I did some hiking before I got myself re-orientated and back to the hotel. The people of the town were picking up on the fact I might be lost. I plan on getting everything packed and get to bed early. I want to get an early jump on the border tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment