Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Reflections on Privilege - 16 February 2018

16 February 2018 – Today I looked at the news coming out of the U.S. I swear, I don’t how people living in the greatest country in the world can be so ignorant or stupid. They should take that kid that killed 17 people in Florida and put him in a maximum security prison with the bad boys. He needs to find out what it’s like to be owned property with no regard of what he thinks. The rest of the brainiacs should travel through some of the countries I have traveled through and see how little the people have. People have so little, every window and door must have bars on them to keep the thieves out. Every car and motorcycle has to have a secure garage for the night or find everything gone the next morning. When you come and go from a hotel you must be buzzed back in. Every gas station must have a 24 hour guard on it. Every bank and many of the hotels have a staff of security people to handle the bad guys. Police and guard dogs everywhere. People only have enough money to buy food. You don’t see anybody walking into a store and buying a $3.00 Snickers Candy Bar. I feel guilty when I do with everybody watching me.

A sticker in my room that says, “Safe Area in Cases of Earthquake.” I wouldn’t say the building isn’t safe…….but it’s solid concrete. Solid concrete isn’t flexible. So, it tends to break and crumbles when shook hard enough. I saw the curtains in one hotel swing two inches once and the window wasn’t open. If they would have kept swinging, I would have been out of that room in a flash. I don’t know what caused that but it got my attention immediately.

Other than that, I worked at catching up on my blog. I still have a lot to do. I need to get the pictures organized and try to e-mail them to Mary. That won’t happen today. I just hope I get the blog updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment