Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Way Out – Telemaco Borba, Brazil – 3 May through 5 May 2018

3 May – 5 May 2018 – James Jr. and I continued our routine except he now was attending night school. I was sitting around and I came up with this idea. It’s not a novel idea but it's a good one. I have been wearing this red riding suit now for six months and I have sweat profusely in it. It hasn’t been washed or cleaned once. James Jr. showed me on the roof of their house they have clothes lines where they dry their clothes. Eureka, I’m going to hang my riding pants and jacket up there in the bleaching sun to dry out. I hung them out before 10:00 a.m. and didn’t take them down till after 5:00 p.m. I made sure they hung in the full sun, no shade. When I took them off the clothes line, they were so stiff they could stand up themselves. I knew I had killed all the bugs that had accumulated in the jacket and pants. When James Jr. came home, he told me that his mother and father were in New Jersey visiting with friends. They would be home in a few days.

I got an e-mail back from Dakar Motos. They said they could ship my motorcycle back to Los Angeles, California. Whew, that was a load off my shoulders. They just needed a ship date and copies of my passport, motorcycle title and Brazil Motorcycle Import Document to start processing the paperwork for the motorcycle shipment. I e-mailed them all the paperwork and told them my departure date had not been established yet. Things were looking up if no arrangements could be made out of Brazil. I’m going to wait till I speak with James Sr. before I decide on whether I will ship my motorcycle out of Buenos Aires, Argentina.  

Here's a photo of inside Voo Livre, the store owned by James Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment