Thursday, March 26, 2020

Complications – Telemaco Borba, Brazil – 9 May-12 May 2018

9 May - 12 May 2018 – I pretty much continued on the routine James Jr. and I established. I would go down to the store and eat there at noon. I spoke to James Sr. about shipping my motorcycle out of Curitiba or Sao Paulo. He was thinking I was going to ship my motorcycle back to the United States by ship which would have been quite easy but I told him no, I wanted to fly it to Los Angles, California or maybe Miami, Florida. That definitely complicated things. James Sr. started calling and looking for Air Cargo Shippers out of Curitiba and Sao Paulo. If we found a company or companies that might ship my motorcycle, I would e-mail copies of my passport, motorcycle title and Brazil Motorcycle Import Document requesting a quote to fly my motorcycle to Los Angeles, California or Miami, Florida. Most of the phone calls where we left messages fell on deaf ears or the messages were disregarded. 

Our search went on for two or three days. We also were waiting for return replies from the e-mails. I didn’t realize it at this time, but Brazil was going to be a huge challenge for me.
As my e-mails started coming back to me our hopes were dashed again. The standard reply was, we ship / fly cargo for companies not individuals. No joy here!

The only e-mail that brought any joy was Dakar Motos. They said, give us several days’ notice before arriving so we can have all the scheduling and arrangements completed. The only bad thing is……they're located in Buenos Aires, Argentina about 1,250 Miles / 2000 Kilometers South of Telemaco Borba, Brazil. The more I ponder this dilemma the more I think I will be shipping my motorcycle out of Buenos Aires. I really don’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment