Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Good News...Or Maybe Not, Curitiba Brazil – 22 May 2018

22 May 2018 – I got up this morning, ate breakfast at the hotel and then took everything out of my
motorcycle that I wanted to stay with me at the hotel. I put everything in the motorcycle that I didn’t want to travel with me on the airplane. I then rode over to James Sr.’s apartment. The Security Guard opened the wrought iron car gate and I drove in my motorcycle. I parked it on spot #6 / #8 and locked everything up. I knocked on the apartment door and judging how long it took James Sr. to reach the door I would guess he was still sleeping when I arrived. He let me in and I hung my jacket on the back of a chair and set my helmet and paperwork down on some boxes / totes. We had to wait till after 10:00 a.m. to perform the electronic bank transfer of the money. After the money transfer had taken place, we walked back to Mundial Import and Export Solutions. I got a paper receipt from Vinicius Mendes for the total amount of the electronic bank transfer. I was all smiles. We were directed to deliver my 2007 Kawasaki KLR650 to Aeroporto Internacional de Curitiba – Terminal de Cargas – Importacao / Exportacao today. Vinicius would call James Sr. on his phone and inform us what time to deposit the motorcycle at Terminal de Cargas.

We walked back to the apartment and sat and waited for the call. James showed me some of his motorcycle pictures and a couple of his favorites. One was his picture with BB King and his band. It had all the band signatures on it. Another was with Peter Fonda and someone else. I’m sure those pictures will be worth something someday. Especially the BB King picture with all the autographs of the band. 

James Sr. and I were growing weary of setting around and waiting. James Sr. text Vinicius at 4:00 p.m. requesting an update on the delivery of the motorcycle to Aeroporto Internacional de Curitiba. Well, the sun went down and we never did hear from Vinicius. I actually fell asleep on the couch waiting for this telephone call / text. Now I was beginning to worry again thinking something was amiss. What is the problem now? My bad was beginning to show. I finally decided to go back to the hotel and call it a night. I told James Sr., that I would wait for a text message in the morning from Vinicius. If I didn’t hear from him, I would walk back to the apartment at 10:00 a.m. I went out to where I had my motorcycle parked, removed the GPS, checked that the gas cap was locked, the two saddle bags and top box were locked and the motorcycle covered. I walked back to Ibis Style Hotel for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment