Followers

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I'm Never Eating Again - 9 March 2018


9 March 2018 – The french fries went to waste. I was going to eat them in the morning but I was still too full from the hamburgers from the night before to want to eat them or anything. I left them in the trash in the secure parking area. If I could have found a dog I would have given them to the hound. I’m sure they would have enjoyed them.

I left the hotel in El Bolson about 11:00 a.m. in the rain and was going to ride to Gobernador Costa today. I was out of the rain within 10 miles and then the rest of the day was cloudy and cold. It never got above 57 degrees. I rode with my rain suit on to help keep me warm. I rode out of the mountains and pine trees into a semi-arid desert which was brown with shrubs and mountains. Again, the road was mostly good. One section the road was under construction. I had to ride 8 kilometers of gravel and then the pavement was great. I got gas in Tecka and ate a small lunch and headed off.

It was about 4:30 when I found a small hotel in Gobernador Costa. The original structure dated back to the early 1900’s and they had a picture of the hotel in the restaurant from back then. I oiled my chain and warmed up from the day of cold riding. The food in the restaurant was good but suffered because of bad communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment