Followers

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Preparing to Leave Costa Rica – 9 January 2018

9 January 2018 – I was awoken with all the guys in the hotel leaving to go to work sometime before 5:30 a.m. Showers, footsteps on the 2nd floor, car doors slamming, cars starting and hotel staff watering plants. I believe most of the blue collar workers are off to work by 6:00 a.m. I went back to sleep and got up about 8:30 a.m. I sent out a couple of e-mails, then went to the office and had them start up my air conditioner. It went out during the night. I paid for another day, did some money changing from Costa Rican Colones back to US Dollars. I moved my motorcycle to a better location, adjusted the rear chain and oiled it. Driving in the rain always washes off the chain oil. I opened my top box and took out my light weight green pants with the legs that zip off to make shorts. I’m going to wear these pants under my riding suit instead of my jeans in an attempt to stay a little cooler. I went in the room and finished researching my border crossing. It’s looking like it maybe an easy or quick border crossing. It sounds good on paper but when you’re in the fray it’s a little different. I got all my paperwork sorted out so it’s ready to go. I went over early and ate another hamburger for supper. I have yet to rearrange my bags so that my rain suit ends up near the top of the bag instead of on the bottom. Otherwise I’m ready to leave for the border tomorrow. I hoping I can get through the border with no rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment